What is Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery – Types & Procedures
COSMETIC AND PLASTIC SURGERY..
The major motivation to get cosmetic plastic surgery done for most people is to look more attractive and to turn back time looking more youthful or changing the shape of any body part to get celebrity looks. In layman terms, both Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery are one and the same thing which is true to some extent because both the surgeries aim at improving a patient’s body but the philosophies guiding the training, research and goals for patients are different.
WHAT IS COSMETIC SURGERY?
Enhancing the appearance of body is the main focus of cosmetic surgery. The procedures, techniques, researches are entirely focused on enhancing the patient’s appearance. The key goals include improving the symmetry, proportion and aesthetic appeal of the body. Cosmetic surgery is classified as elective because it can be performed on the parts which are properly functioning and these cosmetic elective procedures can be performed by a range of surgeons from medical field including the plastic surgeons. An aesthetic surgery can be performed on head, neck and all parts of body.
TYPES OF COSMETIC SURGERY PROCEDURES:
- Facial Contouring : Facial contouring surgery aims at sculpting the shape of the face, resulting in smaller, smoother facial line. Face is undoubtedly the most important part of our bodies and this procedure helps us getting better jawlines, chins, cheekbones. Rhinoplasty, chin enhancement, cheek enhancement are different types of facial contouring procedures.
- Body Contouring : Body contouring surgeries improve the shape and tone of the underlying tissue which supports fat and skin and removes excess sagging fat and skin making our bodies look better. Tummy tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia treatment comes under this category of procedures.
- Facial Rejuvenation : Facial Rejuvenation restores your facial features and provide a more youthful look using a combination of cosmetic procedures like Face life, Eyelid lift, Neck lift, Brow lift.
- Breast Enhancement : Breast enhancement procedures like Breast Augmentation, Breast lift, Breast reduction are used to change the shape, size and contour of a person’s breast.
WHAT IS PLASTIC SURGERY?
Unlike cosmetic surgery, in which the parts being treated are already functional, in here, the focus is on repairing defects to reconstruct the normal shape and function of the body parts. This is a kind of surgical speciality aiming the reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, burns or any other diseases. Plastic surgery is reconstructive in nature and corrects the dysfunctional areas of the body by reconstructing, restoring and altering the human body.
TYPES OF PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES :
- Breast Reconstruction : Breast reconstruction involves creation of a breast shape using an artificial implant, a flap of tissue from another part of body. This can be done months or even years after mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- Burn Repair Surgery : A plastic surgeon would perform the reconstructive burn surgery after the initial wound from a burn has healed. The goal here is to increase the function of skin and restore its appearance. It may take months to improve the scarred tissue.
- Congenital Defect Repair : This reconstructive surgery deals with the defected heart that a child is born with. A baby born with one or more heart defects has congenital heart disease and this surgery helps in child’s long term health and well being.
- Hand Surgery : Hand surgery deals with both surgical and non-surgical treatment. They treat the conditions and problems that may take place in the hand due to any injury or infection. It is the surgery of hand, wrist and the peripheral nerves of upper limb.
With the latest advancements in the medical field and specially in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery, one need not worry much about their health and appearance these days. Your perfect body is just a click away, as you can book an online appointment with the best cosmetic and plastic surgeons near you very easily.
Stay home, stay safe.
Find Best Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Doctors and Clinic List – https://www.doctorforme.in/speciality/cosmetic-and-plastic-surgeon